About Me

My photo
I am a Bridlington Town Councillor elected to represent Bridlington South Ward. The views and posts on this site are my personal views and are not those of Bridlington Town Council. If you become a member of this Blog I will expect you to adhere to posting comments that are not offensive or illegal.

Sunday 8 April 2012

Why I am Backing Jed Lee for South East Holderness


About Jed Lee
Born in South Yorkshire and started working life in the coal mine as an underground electrician. Moved to Keyingham in 1985 to work for British Gas who are now Centrica at the gas terminal in Easington. After a spell offshore for Centrica, I now work back at the terminal as a shift team leader.
I am married with two children. Both children were educated at Keyingham and Withernsea schools. Both went on to gain degrees in PE and train as teachers, one working in Driffield the other working in New Zealand. My wife is a teacher in Special Education.
As a working man I can identify with all the issues surrounding the current state of affairs in the country and county, income tax, pension uncertainty, rising prices, housing markets etc. I am also involved in the voluntary sector and have knowledge of the issues facing that sector with reduced funding available and vulnerable groups not receiving the support at the right level through the local authority or voluntary sector because it simply isn’t there in sufficient measure. South East Holderness, despite its isolated nature and limited employment opportunities, does have a resilience and determination to survive. It is a lovely part of the county and does have countryside and a coast, the diversity of the landscape reflects the nature of the resilient people and I would be proud to be elected to represent SE Holderness and be part of that landscape.

http://jedleeseholderness.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.